Uppsala University ／ ウプサラ大学 ／ Uppsala Universitet
|Number of students||
To be confirmed
|Eligibility||Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program|
|Period of study||September - June|
|Location||St Olofsgatan 10A, 751 05 Uppsala, Sweden|
|University profile||Uppsala University is the oldest university in Scandinavia, founded in 1477.Campus Uppsala is located 70 km north of Stockholm and 30 km from the international airport Stockholm Arlanda. Campus Gotland is a separate campus in Visby on the island of Gotland, which lies in the Baltic Sea. It joined the university in 2013. The university has about 40,000 students. Uppsala University is one of the top 100 universities in the world according to major rankings.|
|Undergraduate programs open to exchange students||All courses listed on http://www.uu.se/en/admissions/exchange/course/list/# are open to exchange students, provided that they fulfil the prerequisites and have the following comments in mind:
• Business Studies courses - entry requirements vary considerably. Please note the early application deadline.
• Economics courses - no courses available from the Department of Economics
• Government courses - limited space on certain courses
• History courses - limited space on courses
• Law courses - entry requirement of a minimum of two years of prior full time Law studies.
• Medicine courses - no entry-level courses are taught in English. Students must have a strong academic background within Medicine and meet the entry requirements described in the course description.
• Natural Sciences courses including Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Engineering - few to no entry-level courses taught in English. Students must have a strong academic background within these subjects and meet the entry requirements described in the course description.
• Philosophy courses - only few courses available with high entry requirements
• Psychology courses - only few courses taught in English with limited space on courses
|Undergraduate programs NOT open to exchange students||・Sociology - no courses at the Bachelor level are taught in English|
|Graduate programs open to exchange students||Several master's programmes taught in English are available. General requirements for admission is to have a bachelor's degree. In addition, most master's programmes have specific requirements which can vary from one programme to another. Courses on masters level can be found here:
|Graduate programs NOT open to exchange students||------|
|Minimum GPA (UG)||N/A|
|Minimum GPA (G)||Same as above.|
|Minimum language proficiency (UG)||TOEFL iBT 70 or IELTS 5.5|
|Minimum language proficiency (G)||Same as above.|
|Academic calendar||AUTUMN SEMESTER:
Classes begin: August
Classes end: January
Classes begin: January
Classes end: June
|Important university website for exchange students||http://www.uu.se/en/admissions/exchange/|
|Dormitory information||Housing is not guaranteed for exchange students, but Uppsala University offers accomodation for them.