Admission Information (2017 April)
Terms of Scholarship
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing. For a list of eligible World Bank countries, see the following URL: http: / / go.worldbank.org /S2ADVPZVX0
- Not be a dual citizen of any developed country.
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned more than three (3) years before the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Not received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”.
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of recent full time paid professional experience acquired in development-related work after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
- Be under the age of forty-five (45) on the Application Deadline date.
- Not be an Executive Director, his / her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group (the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- Admitted to the University unconditionally or conditionally only upon securing financing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language at the level of a TOEFL score of 550(PBT), 213(CBT) or 79 (iBT) or better, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
- Meet any other criteria for admission established by Keio University.
- Applicants must not be currently pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. program in industrialized countries.
- Applicants must not have had one or more years of training / studies and / or residency in an industrialized country.
- Applicants must not be permanent residents / nationals of industrialized countries.
- Application checklist*
- Application form (5 pages)*
- Two letters of recommendation* [from two people who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional experience]
- Letter of recommendation [from university professor]* (optional)
- Medical certificate*
- TOEFL or IELTS results [other certifications are NOT acceptable]
- Transcript of records [Original or certified by the university]
- Diploma / certificate of graduation [Original or certified by the university]
- True copy of passport, birth certificate or any OFFICIAL document showing the date of birth of the applicant
Proof of employment
- Application documents must be submitted by mail and must reach the Keio University by the deadline, October 31, 2016. We do not accept applications via fax or email.
- Send the original copy of the application forms. Copies of the application will not be accepted.
- Please make a copy of all the application documents for your records. The World Bank may ask you to submit the copy in the selection process by the World Bank.
- Late applications and incomplete applications will not be accepted. Keio will not notify applicants of missing documents.
- Applicants who have applied for a program offered by Keio and have passed the selection process by Keio will be asked to complete additional online application by the World Bank, which will make the final admission decision.
Application Guidebook and Application Form
Before you fill in the application form, please read the guidebook carefully. Please make sure to type or print legibly with black or blue ink. Application documents should be single-sided. If you wish to receive a copy of application guidebook and forms by air mail, please copy the following form and send it to ic-jjwbgsp[a}adst.keio.ac.jp. Please note that it takes one or two weeks that you obtain the package.
Email title: JJWBSGP Application Guidebook Request
- Title: (Ms./Mr.) :
- Given name :
- Last name :
- Address :
- Country :
- Telephone number: (please indicate the country code) :
- Fax number: (please indicate the country code) :
- Email address :
- All students admitted to the Master’s Degree Program in Taxation Policy and Management at Keio University will receive a Joint Japan /World Bank Graduate Scholarship.
- The maximum period of funding is two years.
- The award may not be deferred or extended for any reason.
- At the conclusion of the program, recipients of the JJ /WBGSP scholarship must return to their home countries, where they will apply their enhanced knowledge and skills to help accelerate the pace of economic and social development. Therefore, you cannot expect to pursue a Ph.D program.
- If a student fails to obtain the master’s degree within the above scholarship period, return airfare will not be provided.
- The JJ /WBGSP does not allow multiple awards from other funding agencies. I f awarded a partial scholarship from other funding agencies or universities, the student must provide the JJ /WBGSP with detailed information about this scholarship.
- Applicants should have demonstrable assurance of re-employment by an appropriate tax-related public body in their home country upon program completion.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants who are officials of tax administration in active service.
- After graduation, alumni shall keep in touch with Keio and the World Bank.
Application documents should be sent to the following address.