Please note that our office is closed for about one week in mid-August, from late December to early January, and from late April to early May. (Exact dates vary year to year.) We will not be able to respond to inquiries during that time.
All application documents must reach Keio at least three months prior to your
preferred date of arrival at Keio. Please note that not all applicants will be accepted.
Step 1. Complete the online registration.
Step 2. Create a PDF file that includes all of the application documents in the same order as listed below.
*Please include ALL the documents in one PDF file.
Step 3. Send the PDF file AND your photo in JPEG format as attachments by e-mail to email@example.com.
*Selection results will be sent via e-mail to you about one month after your application reaches Keio University.
- Application form [Thesis@Keio] Application Form.doc
- Research Plan at Keio written in English or Japanese (brief, itemized, and at most 1 page on A4 paper)
- Official academic transcript from your home institution
*If issued in a language other than English, attach an English translation.
- Certificate of enrollment from your home institution
- Abstract of your thesis written in English or Japanese (at most 1 page on A4 paper)
- A letter of recommendation from your academic supervisor (prescribed form).doc
*Must be dated and signed by the applicant's academic supervisor, a professor at his/her home
*Must be prepared specifically for the Thesis@Keio application within the past 3 months and include
comments on the applicant's research plan at Keio
- A copy of your passport (the page including your photo)
Timeline for Applicants
At least three months prior to your preferred date of arrival
Your application reaches Keio.
|At least one month prior to your preferred date of arrival||
Receive selection results via e-mail
Assignment of Keio supervisor (to successful applicants)
Make a program fee payment
Receive documents for visa application by post (if applicable)
Make accommodation arrangements
Make an appointment with the assigned Keio supervisor for the first day
|First day at Keio||
Visit the International Exchange Services Group at the Office of Student Services on Mita Campus
Meet the assigned Keio supervisor