MASTER'S PROGRAM IN TAXATION POLICY AND MANAGEMENT, GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND COMMERCE - Information on Application
Updated: 7 December 2021
1-1. Eligibility Requirements
Applicants who meet all of the following requirements (1, 2, 3) are qualified to apply for admission.
An applicant is required to
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned at least three (3) years prior to the Application Deadline.
- Have, by the time of the Application Deadline, at least three (3) years of full time paid professional experience in the field of tax policy and administration at a public body (institution) after obtaining a Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language at the level of a TOEFL score of 80 (iBT) or better, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
1-2. Application Procedure
Applications are accepted upon completion of Online Registration and Submission of Application Documents.
Acceptance of Online Registration will start on 8 December, 2021. Application documents must be submitted by mail. We do not accept applications via fax or email.
The deadline for Online Registration and Submission of Application Documents: 31 January, 2022.
10:00 a.m. on 8 December 2021 - 5:00 p.m. on 31 January 2022 (JST)
Online Registration Form
Please note that submissions outside the online registration period cannot be accepted.
Submission of Application Documents
c/o International Exchange Services Group
Office of Student Services
2-15-45 Mita, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 108-8345 JAPAN
1-3. Application Fee
10,000 JPY (Updated: 16 November 2021)
For each application, application fee of 10,000 JPY is required. We do not waive the application fee under any circumstance.
The application fee must be paid by the deadline of online application period by Credit Card. Application documents will not be accepted until the application fee is received.
Please refer to the Procedure for Payment below. When the credit card payment is completed, print out the screen and submit it with the other application documents.
Pay Application Fee via Credit Card (Updated: 1 December 2021)
1-4. Application Guide and Application Documents
- Application guide and documents can be downloaded:
APPLICATION GUIDE - 2022 (Updated: 7 December, 2021)
APPLICATION CHECKLIST/FORM/LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION - 2022 (Updated: 24 November, 2021)
- Before you fill in the application form, please read the Application Guide carefully.
- Documents 2- 4 must be typed in. Please make sure to type legibly with black or blue ink. Application documents should be single-sided.
- Application CHECK LIST (Updated: 24 November, 2021)
- Application form (5 pages)
Two letters of recommendation [from two persons who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional experience]
Letter-1 Letter-2 *required
- Letter of recommendation [from university professor] *optional
- TOEFL or IELTS results [other certifications are NOT acceptable]
- Transcript of records [original or certified by the university]
- Diploma / certificate of graduation [original or certified by the university]
- Copy of passport or any official ID document
- Proof of Employment
- Proof of Payment of Application Fee
- If you are eligible for the World Bank and/or ADB scholarship and would apply for the scholarship, please submit the following form along with other documents above when applying for Master’s Program in Taxation Policy and Management. (Updated: 24 November, 2021)
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- The letters of recommendation must be filled out by two people who have direct knowledge of the applicant’s professional experience. Recommenders must be individuals who can attest to your professional experiences at work. It is strongly recommended at least one of the two required professional recommendations be from a current or former supervisor. If you have had paid employment, it is strongly preferred you seek professional recommendations from people you have worked with during your paid employment.
- Submission of the letter of recommendation by a professor of the university from which the applicant graduated is optional; you do not necessarily have to submit it.
- The letters should be signed, sealed and submitted together with the other materials, or they may be sent directly by the person making the recommendation to the International Center of Keio University.
- We may contact your recommenders if necessary.
PROOF OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
As proof of the applicant’s English ability, Keio University will ONLY accept an official report of TOEFL or IELTS scores taken within two years of the application deadline. Any other certifications will NOT be considered.
TOEFL: The Official Score Report should be sent directly to Keio University. The TOEFL Educational Testing Service’s code for Keio University is 0773.
IELTS: The Test Report Form should be sent directly to the International Exchange Services Group of Keio University.
TRANSCRIPTS, DIPLOMAS, AND CERTIFICATES
Official transcripts from the University (and Graduate School, if applicable), certified copies of diplomas, as well as certified copies of passport are required. A certified copy is a photocopy of the original document which has the signature and official of the registrar or notary public. A photocopy of a certified copy is not acceptable. Documents issued in languages other than English and Japanese must be accompanied by a certified English or Japanese translation. Keio will not return any original documents submitted with an application.
PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT
Proof of current employment requires a signed and dated letter written within the last three months. Any proof of employment should be on your employer’s letterhead, state the timeframe you were an employee, and be signed by an authority such as head of human resources or your manager. It would be best if this letter also lists your last title or position. Documentation of past employment can be the letter of offer of employment.
1-5. Application Review Process
Assessment of each applicant is based on an evaluation of the applicant’s submitted documents.
1-6. Announcement of Screening Results
Keio University will send applicants the admission process outcome by email by early March 2022. Keio University does not respond to any inquiries before the above date. As a rule, results of the application will not be given by phone or by fax. Queries concerning screening results will not be accepted.