Uppsala University ／ ウプサラ大学 ／ Uppsala Universitet
|Number of students||
|Eligibility||Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program|
|Period of study||September 2020 - June 2021|
|Location||St Olofsgatan 10A, 751 05 Uppsala, Sweden|
|University profile||Uppsala University is the oldest university in Scandinavia, founded in 1477.Campus Uppsala is located 70 km north of Stockholm and 30 km from the international airport Stockholm Arlanda. Campus Gotland is a separate campus in Visby on the island of Gotland, which lies in the Baltic Sea. It joined the university in 2013. The university has about 40,000 students. Uppsala University is one of the top 100 universities in the world according to major rankings.|
|Undergraduate programs open to exchange students||
All courses listed on http://www.uu.se/en/admissions/exchange/course/list/# are open to exchange students, provided that they fulfil the prerequisites and have the following comments in mind:
• Economics – no courses available from the Department of Economics.
• Sociology courses – no courses at Bachelor level are taught in English
• Medicine - no entry-level courses are taught in English. Students must have a strong academic background within Medicine and meet the entry requirements described in the course description.
• Business courses - Eligibility prerequisites vary considerably
• Law courses - At least two years of prior Law studies (full-time)
• Psychology – only a few courses taught in English with limited places
• Natural Sciences including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering: No entry level courses are available, so students must have strong academic backgrounds within these subjects and meet the eligibility requirements described in each course description.
• Add/Drop - There is no add/drop-period in the beginning of the semester, so students are encouraged to carefully consider their course selection, including prerequisites for eligibility.
|Undergraduate programs NOT open to exchange students||・Sociology – no courses at the Bachelor level are taught in English|
|Graduate programs open to exchange students||
Several master's programmes taught in English are available. General requirements for admission is to have a bachelor's degree. In addition, most master's programmes have specific requirements which can vary from one programme to another. Courses on masters level can be found here:
|Graduate programs NOT open to exchange students||------|
|Minimum GPA (UG)||None, but students must show strong academic commitment and performance.|
|Minimum GPA (G)||Same as above.|
|Minimum language proficiency (UG)||TOEFL iBT 70 or IELTS 5.5|
|Minimum language proficiency (G)||Same as above.|
2020 AUTUMN SEMESTER:
Classes begin: August 31, 2020
Classes end: January 17, 2021
2021 SPRING SEMESTER:
Classes begin: January 18, 2021
Classes end: June 6, 2021
|Important university website for exchange students||http://www.uu.se/en/admissions/exchange/|
Housing is not guaranteed for exchange students, but Uppsala University offers accomodation for them.