SOAS, University of London / ロンドン大学東洋アフリカ学院


Number of students 2
Eligibility Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
Period of study September 2017 - June 2018
Location Thornhaugh Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG, United Kingdom
University profile SOAS, University of London is the only Higher Education institution in the UK specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East in a global context. A unique institution combining language scholarship, interdisciplinary expertise, and regional focus, SOAS has the largest concentration in Europe of academic staff concerned with Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
Undergraduate programs open to exchange students Anthropology, Art and Archaeology, History, Music, Religions, Africa, China and Inner Asia, Japan and Korea, Linguistics, The Near and Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia, Development Studies, Economics, Law, Political Studies, and Financial and Management Studies
Students should choose from the courses lists in this section:
They will be expected to meet the equivalent prerequisites.
Undergraduate programs NOT open to exchange students ------
Graduate programs open to exchange students The same fields as described above for undergraduate programs
Graduate programs NOT open to exchange students ------
Minimum GPA (UG) 3.3 or above in a student's major and a minimum of 3.0 overall on a 4-point scale
Minimum GPA (G) Same as above.
Minimum language proficiency  (UG) IELTS 7.0 overall with no less than 6.5 in Listening and 7.0 in Reading, Speaking and Writing
TOEFL iBT 105 overall with no less than 22 in Listening and 25 in Reading, Speaking and Writing Variable, different conditional offers are made for varying proficiency
Minimum language proficiency (G) Same as above.
Academic calendar FIRST TERM:
  Classes begin: Late September, 2016
  Classes end: mid-December, 2016

  Classes begin: Early January, 2017
  Classes end: mid-March, 2017

  Classes begin: Late April, 2017
  Classes end: mid-June, 2017
Important university website for exchange students
Scholarship information ------
Dormitory information There are a number of student residences in London; the main accommodation is Dinwiddy House (for Undergraduates) and Paul Robeson House (for graduates). Both are self-catered residences, with single ensuite bedrooms. More information can be found here:
If a student would like to consider other housing options then the University of London website has more details: