Lund University ／ ルンド大学 ／ Lunds Universitet
|Number of students||4|
|Eligibility||Students enrolled in an undergraduate program. (Graduate students' applications may be considered.)|
|Period of study||August 2020 - June 2021|
|Location||Lund University, Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden|
|University profile||Lund University has a long and vibrant history covering almost 350 years of teaching. It has evolved from just a few hundred students and professors, being paid with meat and grain, into its present form with around 46,000 students and a position of excellence in international teaching and research. Lund University grew strongly throughout the 20th century and is today Sweden's largest institution of higher education and research. 'Ad utrumque paratus,' 'prepared for both,' is Lund University's motto, referring to the book and the sword in the University's seal from the 17th century. Today the expression can be applied to a number of the dual values for which the University stands, such as tradition and innovation or breadth and depth.|
|Undergraduate programs open to exchange students||
Engineering, Science (incl. Mathematics), Law, Social Science, Economics and Management, Humanities and Theology, Special Area Studies, and Swedish Language
Courses in English at various departments usually require that students already have a certain background in the subject (at least one year of full-time studies on the subject before applying for courses). Lund University also offers exchange students, regardless of discipline affiliation, the opportunity to take courses in a wide range of subjects, including Swedish culture and society and also European and global issues. They do not require previous knowledge in the subject.
|Undergraduate programs NOT open to exchange students||
• The Department of Industrial Design and the School of Architecture demand 3 years of prior studies in the subject as well as a portfolio.
• There is a high demand for courses at the School of Economics and Management. Therefore, we cannot guarantee a full-time course load of solely Economics and Management coursework. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee admittance to certain high-demand courses, even if a student is eligible.
• Journalism courses are taught in Swedish, and are generally not available to exchange students.
• Exchange students may be categorically excluded from specific English-language taught courses that are part of certain degree programmes (Closed MSc programmes, for example).
• Please note that courses offered at the Faculty of Law are all on Master level and all students must have relevant undergraduate studies corresponding to three years at University level, read more under "prerequisites" here: http://www.law.lu.se/#!1B5C6999278C549EC1257D4E002F5215
|Graduate programs open to exchange students||http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/global-cooperation/student-exchange/courses-for-exchange-students|
|Graduate programs NOT open to exchange students||------|
|Minimum GPA (UG)||None, but students must show strong academic commitment and performance.|
|Minimum GPA (G)||Same as above.|
|Minimum language proficiency (UG)||TOEFL iBT 90 overall with Writing 20, or IELTS 6.5 with no section less than 5.5|
|Minimum language proficiency (G)||Same as above.|
2020 FALL SEMESTER:
Orientation date: Mid-August
Classes begin: August, 2020
Classes end: January, 2021
2021 SPRING SEMESTER:
Classes begin: Mid-January
Classes end: Early June
The exact duration of the terms may vary slightly from faculty to faculty.
|Important university website for exchange students||http://www.lunduniversity.lu.se/global-cooperation/student-exchange|