The University of Auckland ／ オークランド大学
|Number of students||
|Eligibility||Students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program|
|Period of study||March 2021 - November 2021|
|Location||Alfred Nathan House, 24 Princes St, Auckland 1010, New Zealand|
|University profile||The University of Auckland welcomes students from around the world to complete a semester or a year of study. You'll be able to live in another culture, make new friends, gain international experience and build professional networks all at New Zealand's leading University. The University of Auckland is an ideal location for students from overseas, situated in the heart of Auckland city and close to the natural beauty New Zealand is famous for. Studying for a semester or a year at the University of Auckland is an academic and cultural experience you'll never forget!|
|Undergraduate programs open to exchange students||
In general, you may select courses from across a range of programs offered. In some subject areas, limited enrollment may apply.
*Courses with very limited enrolment availability:
• Psychology and Biological Science
• Courses showing the letter "G" - e.g. PHYSICS 107G
• 700 level Finance and Accounting courses
We recommend that students have a second choice option for each course with limited enrolment availability.
|Undergraduate programs NOT open to exchange students||
• Courses offered in Medicine, Surgery, Pharmacy, Nursing and Optometry
• Courses running for the whole academic year - e.g. PSYCH 308A and 308B (expect students enrolled for the whole University of Auckland academic year - February through November)
• 100 level courses in Fine Arts, Architecture and Planning (only available for majoring students)
• BUSINESS 101 and BUSINESS 102
• Graduate School of Management courses running on a quarterly basis - e.g. BUSACT, BUSADMIN etc.
• Courses ending with the letters F or H - e.g. HISTORY 91F or MAORIHTH 14H. These are foundation year courses and not appropriate for Exchange students.
• Stage I Engineering courses (ENGGEN 115, ENGGEN 121, ENGGEN 131, ENGGEN 140, ENGGEN 150, ENGSCI 111, ELECTENG 101, CHEMMAT 121) except for those ending in G.
|Graduate programs open to exchange students||In general, you may select courses from across a range of programs offered. In some subject areas, limited enrollment may apply.|
|Graduate programs NOT open to exchange students||
In general, the exchange is limited to coursework only and does not include thesis writing and supervision.
Exchange students cannot take the following:
• Business School courses in the Graduate School of Enterprise in finance, information systems, marketing, and operations management shown as "Graduate Programmes" in the Course Catalogue.
• Courses in the Master of Urban Design, Master of Planning, and Master of Architecture
|Minimum GPA (UG)||B average|
|Minimum GPA (G)||Same as above.|
|Minimum language proficiency (UG)||
TOEFL iBT 80 with 21 in Writing or IELTS 6.0 with no section less than 5.5
|Minimum language proficiency (G)||Same as above.|
2021 FIRST SEMESTER:
Classes begin: Early March
Classes end: Late June
2021 SECOND SEMESTER:
Classes begin: Mid-July
Classes end: Mid-November
|Important university website for exchange students||https://www.auckland.ac.nz/en/study/international-students/study-options-for-international-students/study-abroad-and-exchange.html|